Rough draft study guide for ex.
Select two threats. Listed below are eight issues that the UN feels pose the most significant threats to global security. Some of these apply to the Earth’s 7.7 billion people, while others are limited primarily to developing countries. Regardless of where these threats are concentrated, your job as a consultant is to identify two of them that you consider the most critical to the globe’s population.
- The use of fossil fuels as an energy source.
- Insufficient educational opportunities in developing countries.
- A lack of access to technology.
- Civil war (NOT the U.S. Civil War).
- The rise in oceans’ levels.
- Covid-19 and the global pandemic.
- The dangers of poor countries remaining poor.
Write a minimum of an 8 page persuasive paper about your two threats.Write an introduction paragraph of at least one-half page in length identifying the two threats you have selected and the purpose of the paper. Then, for the two threats you chose:
- Identify the factors that make it such a serious risk to the global environment that you would choose to present it to the UN.
- Analyze the role that humans have played in aggravating this threat to the Earth’s environment.
- Suggest initiatives that the global community can take to mitigate the worst effects of this environmental threat.
- Write a conclusion paragraph of at least one-half page in length that summarizes your impressions of these risks for global stability.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). For assistance and information, please refer to the SWS link in the left-hand menu of your course and check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- In order to earn full credit, the answers to each of the three questions must be at least two full pages long, making six pages. You must also include the one-half page introduction and one-half page conclusion at the beginning and end of the paper, adding up to one page of content. Finally, you must include a graph or table (see 5, below) that will be at least one page in length. The entire paper will be a minimum of eight pages long.
- You must use at least seven credible sources (excluding Wikipedia, dictionaries and encyclopedias) that are appropriate for the subjects under discussion.
- You must use only double-spacing and not place extra spacing between paragraphs or section headings.
- As part of your answer to any one of the questions, you must include a graph, table or chart using quantifiable data that supports your argument. You need only one graph for the entire assignment, and although you may download this item from the Internet, it may be no longer than one page in length. You must comprehensively explain beneath the graph what the data means. Otherwise, it will be of no use to the reader.